Background

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Goodbye!!!

Yesterday was a sad day at the Hartsoe barn. We had to put to sleep a horse that has been there since a month before I came into the world! She was getting old, but still kicking, however we discovered this weekend that she had the parasite disease that we lost Madilyn's horse to last year. It progressed on her rather quickly due to her age. So they got everything in order and put her down yesterday afternoon. She was part of the family! Stacy grew up on her riding the barrels for many years. Everybody talked about her because she was the fastest around here at that time. When it was time for me to ride barrels I rode her for a while. She would pull a buggy we used to have and I'll never forget me and my daddy one Sunday, riding to my Great Grandmaw Reep's before she passed away. Can't remember exactly how long it took us but in a car it was about a 10 minute ride. I thought that was something. She was a wonderful horse around kids. Anytime we had birthday parties to do, or kids over, we would always break out Dallas. She was a wonderful trail horse as well. She smoked many of horses on the a straight aways!! We knew this day would come but wasn't expecting it this way. She will be missed!!!
RIP Dallas Rocket Girl


1 comment:

  1. Oh Anna, I'm sorry to hear about Dallas. She was a legend and a great horse. My Mom doesn't ride horses but I remember going riding at Moss Lake with your parents and they brought Dallas for Mom to ride. I'm sure she is going to be missed. Hollie

    ReplyDelete