Background

Thursday, July 29, 2010

12 Month Check up

We went to the dredded dr appt today to see how Tristan is developing and get more yucky shots. The nurse said he was perfect, he is 50% in his weight and 75 in height!! He is growing and developing as he should be! He was such a good boy while the nurse was messing with him, just sitting on the table watching every move she made!! She said he was ahead of schedule with his teeth, as I figured he would be conisdering he has 12 now! As we wait for the dr to come in Tristan is being so silly. He loves to hear the paper rattle that is covering the table! Unfortunatley we have the dr that I don't really care for. He is a good dr, and nice, but he talks so fast and low I can't understand what he is saying for 1. Second, when I ask a question he doesn't give a good answer and no explanation with it. He seemed impressed with everything, but he did say he was going to have bucked teeth because he sucks his fingers and they are already sticking out farther than the bottom teeth. So I of course ask what the crap was supposed to do about that and he said to put mittens on his hands at night! HA HA This, to me is hilarious, Tristan didn't keep those mittens on when he was a baby he for sure is not going to keep them on now! I guess he will have bucked teeth, I can't do anything about it! I had them when I was little. If he is still sucking his fingers when his permanent teeth come in then I will figure something out. Until then he can have them fingers! He also said that if he wasn't saying anymore words in another month we needed to have that checked out. Really?? Since when does a 1 yr old have a vocabulary?? He says several things and I think that is good enough but I may be wrong. Anyway I am not a bit worried about my child and his speech at the moment! So after this mess, the nurse comes back in for a finger prick and 4 shots! So pitiful! I can't wait until this part of growing up is finished!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment