Background

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Awful Parent Award!

So I debated on wether to post this or not but I'm sure worst things have happened to other people!! Sunday morning started out like normal, early wake up call then back for a nap. To bad he can't learn to just sleep a little longer! Anyway after his nap daddy brings him in to get in bed with me because we like to play on our bed. Well before I even knew, he had started crawling so fast he falls off the side of the bed, luckily I caught him before he landed on his head!! Scare#1! So then we enjoyed an afternoon at some of our friend's family pool. Well being the little nosey thing he is, he won't take a nap unless he is secluded in a room where no action is! So we had to leave early due to him being so tuckered out! When we get home I put him straight in his crib thinking he would go right to sleep, well he played in his bed for a while then it got quite. So I am thinking he is finally asleep. Well.. next thing I know I hear a loud thud which made my heart drop to my toes! I ran in there, and there he was sitting on his butt in the middle of the floor. So now we have learned that he is pulling up to a standing position!!! What a way to learn. He was okay, Thank God! Scare #2! So we lowered the crib mattress as low as it will go to prevent this from happening again. So as we are doing this he is playing on his mattress on the floor and rolls off of it and hits his head on the dresser. OMG at this point I just wanted to cry with my little man! I'm sure he was so ready to go back to mamaw's on Monday morning. I felt like the worst mother ever!

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad. (my) Tristan fell off a riding toy and hit his head once and it's all I could think about for 3 days. He was over it in 5 minutes, but I wasn't. Just wait... it won't be long till he's diving off the couch head first. That is what we are dealing with now. He climbs up and dives off and thinks it's funny. You're a great mom. You feel bad about it and try to prevent it from happening again. That's all you can do.

    ReplyDelete